Top Ten Reasons Week Five was Awesome at Elmwood!
- This week all of our campers and staff prepared lunches and breakfasts for children through all of Westchester County. This was part of our three week exploration of food insecurity. We are proud of the Elmwood community for focusing on others and working toward a more equitable world.
- Second grade specialties were in the third rotation this week. The National Circus Project came to camp to teach our second graders the basics of circus arts. They learned juggling, plate spinning, diablo and even stilt walking!
- Dancing with the Counselors was beyond spectacular. Tap, Tango, Hip Hop and more were on display from our very talented staff.
- There were amazing animal adventures for our Stepping Stones this week. The Critter Caravan came to camp, and our youngest campers got to see a ferret, an iguana and a snake. They loved it!
- All of our third graders had their parent BBQ this week. Campers got to show their parents their summer home, and parents got to meet their children’s counselors.
- Silly Sock Day was on Friday. There were tall socks, short socks and socks of all colors! The best pair was a counselor who made their very own custom Elmwood socks.
- Elmwood’s seniors went to Camel Beach. They rode the waterslides, relaxed in the lazy river and jumped and splashed in Aqua Zone!
- All of Elmwood’s first graders got to go on their first hike of their Elmwood career. Ryan and the First Grade Division Heads led the campers at Rockefeller Preserve on a beautiful nature adventure.
- Upper Village Intensive Finales happened on Thursday and Friday. There was the League Superbowl, the SOHO art gallery, the Discovery Science Fair and the Performance show. This was the culmination of the Upper Villager’s four week Intensive. Congratulations to all of our Upper Village campers for completing this remarkable program!
To Celebrate the Intensive Finales, all Upper Villagers had the UV Party on Friday afternoon. They got to play Nine in the Air, visit the relaxation station, play giant Jenga, Foosball and more. Of course, the best part was the “make your own sundae bar!”
We cannot wait for week six to start. We wish the entire Elmwood Community a wonderful weekend. See you Monday!!