About Working HereStart Your Application Today!
As a part of the Elmwood team, counselors are sure to enjoy the challenges, triumphs, responsibilities, rewards and fun that make up each day. We believe that in the process of making Elmwood “a great place to be me” for each camper, our group leaders and activity specialists find that they too are in “a great place to be me”.
We promise an Elmwood summer is a summer you will never forget. It is the people that we bring together that makes the difference. Elmwood counselors share their talents, work towards common goals and commit to being the best version of themselves everyday all summer long.
About Our Staff:
Our staff family is made up of 200 responsible, dedicated and caring people. Our staff members are high school seniors, college students, teachers, coaches, school psychologists, social workers and other professionals in the field of education. Most live in Westchester County, Rockland County, Southern Fairfield County and the 5 boroughs of New York City.
This summer you will:
- Make an impact
- Learn about children
- Develop skills to help with different future professional endeavors
- Be a part of a fun, energetic and spirited team
For prospective staff looking to spend their summer in our supportive and inclusive team here is an overview of the application process:
- Explore our website, talk to friends who have worked here, call or email us to talk about camp.
- Fill out the online application. Please know all applicants must be completing at least their junior year of high school. We have a limited number of high school positions available.
- On the application there is a reference section. Please fill out and confirm with your references that they have received an email from us.
- Once your application and references have been completed, Hillari or Gregg will contact you to talk about next steps including setting up an interview.
- If you have any questions please to do not hesitate to call or email Hillari, (914) 592-6121 or .